Bangalore-based CREO (formerly Mango Man, the makers of the Teewe media streaming dongle) recently launched its first Smartphone called the Creo Mark 1. The main highlight of the Creo Mark 1 is its software. The phone runs Android 5.1-based brand’s proprietary Fuel operating system, which is loaded with a handful of software features. The brand promises the Mark 1 to offer a new phone’s experience every month via regular OS updates. While most of the smart phone makers have their focus on hardware, CREO is betting big on delivering the software experience. However, would you pay for an Rs 19,999 Smartphone just to get the user interface updates every month? Let’s discuss the software and hardware features of the device, so that you can make an informed decision if you are planning to buy this device.
Features of the CREO Mark 1
Before we discuss the software features of the Creo Mark 1, let’s first talk about the core hardware features of the handset. The Creo Mark 1 sports a premium metal and glass design, and can be customized with a custom engraving on the side of the handset. It comes with a 5.5-inch quad-HD display with a pixel density of 535ppi and a layer of Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3, a 1.95GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable memory, a 21MP primary shooter, an 8MP front snapper, 4G LTE, dual-SIM slot, and a beefy 3,100MAh battery with fast charging support.
Creo Mark 1 key software features
- Fuel OS – The Creo Mark 1 runs Fuel operating system, which is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop. The OS will be getting monthly updates, and users can also contribute to its development by suggesting features to add in the OS using the reFUEL application. The next update to the OS will be released later this month on May 13th, which will bring a Photo editor, selfie screen flash, automatic background data manager, customizations to Echo and other performance enhancements.
- Inbuilt answering machine – The Creo Mark 1 comes with an inbuilt answering machine called Echo, which according to the vendor lets callers leave voice messages for you whenever you can’t answer the calls. The answering machine lets you record a message that can be played back whenever someone calls you and you can’t take the call. It is a feature that should be useful to everyone, and not just the working professionals.
- Several imaging tweaks – The Creo Mark 1’s camera app is loaded with a bunch of software tweaks including 4K video recording, Live Photo, slow-motion videos, 3D photos, animated pictures, phase detection autofocus and 120 fps slow-mo pictures in full HD. The animated selfies and 3D photos lets you capture pictures with a small videos. The camera specs of the phone are pretty massive, and the brand aims to enhance the camera experience with new OS updates every month
- Retriever tracking feature – The Mark 1 offers a special tracking feature called Retriever, which lets you track the handset even after a factory reset. The feature lets you safeguard the phone against theft even when the internet connection isn’t there. While most the Android phones come with the Android Device Manager feature to let you restore a stolen device, the Retriever feature on the Mark 1 enhances the security on your device.
- Quicker access to apps with Sense – The Creo Mark 1 offers a special feature called the Sense, which gives you quicker access to applications. You can double tap the home key to bring up a search bar. You can type food in the search bar, which will bring all the apps with food related stuff on your screen. With Sense, you can easily search for contacts, apps, content stored on your device, and pretty much everything else.
- Improved messaging app – The Creo Mark 1 sports a new improved messaging app compared to the regular messaging app available with Android Lollipop. The app sorts your text messages into categories from recipients you know, business and spam. The app makes it easy to track spam, business and regular messages easily.
The Creo Mark 1 doesn’t only offer excellent software features, it also comes with excellent hardware specs available in the sub-Rs 20,000 price range. The phone looks physically appealing, and comes with software customizations that are better than the usual core Android experience. The company has a plan in mind for making the Mark 1 appealing to all the users as time passes by offering new software features via regular monthly updates. If you don’t care much about the high-end specs and looking for a hassle-free phone with excellent software, then go for the Creo Mark 1 without a doubt. You can check out the best deals available on the Mark 1 on 91mobiles, and also compare it with other devices in its price range as well.