Sticking to that diet-centered New Year’s resolutions will be a lot easier with the right fitness apps. These range from nutrition apps that count calories to inspirational apps that encourage you to keep focused on your diet.
But what apps should you work with?Here are seven of the best fitness apps for Android phones and devices to help you stick to your diet this 2017:
- Calorie Counter by MyFitnessPal, Inc – this health app focuses on tracking both your physical activity and nutritional intake. It also comes with a nifty barcode reader that lets you check out the calorie counts of various foods – hence the title. Charts and nutritional summaries help process all the information you collect, giving you a ‘big picture’ view of how you’ve been doing. And that’s just the free version. Sign up for a premium subscription, and you get rid of the ads while gaining more options for analyzing food intake, customizing goals, and priority customer support.
- Google Fit by Google Inc – Google’s pedometer app is pretty basic, but it gets the job done. Once you set it up on your phone or watch, the fitness app will track you as you go about your day. You can set it up to track you as you walk, run, bike, or engage in other physical activities. Google Fit will then crunch this data, spitting out recommendations to help you achieve your activity goals. It’s a good, clean app with a very organized and attractive interface. Great for those that want simplicity that works.
- Pedometer & Weight Loss Coach by Pacer Health – this pedometer app is useful in that it is pretty compatible with a wide variety of phones. It also comes with robust social tools, allowing you to connect with friends and family to form walking groups. This social aspect is extremely useful for helping one another to stay motivated and stick to workout goals. It also comes with weight and BMI tracking, along with data aggregation tools to display how your fitness regimen is coming along.
- Lifesum by Lifesum – this all-around fitness app is designed to help build sustainable habits that you can maintain year-round. You can use it to track not just your meals and daily activities, but also the water you drink. It then creates charts and summaries for you to review, along with useful tips to help you make healthier choices through the day. The information it churns out is excellent for forming long-term habits that’ll stick long after you forgot your New Year’s resolution.
- My Diet Coach by InspiredApps (A.L.) Ltd – This fitness app is a competent tracker, logging in everything from calorie counts to water consumption. The real draw, however, is how it can motivate you to keep working on your workout. You get tips and quotes to help keep your determination up. Its visual weight tracker is particularly useful, as it helps the user better appreciate where their effort is going into. You even get points that you can use to help dress up your in-app avatar if you achieve milestones in the app!
- 30 Day Fit Challenge Workout by Leap Fitness Group – this exercise app is all about setting up a workout regimen you can pull off at home. It doesn’t just remind you to work out, but also comes with detailed exercise guides. These cover targeted exercises (e.g. abs, butt, full-body etc.) and manage regimens that gradually increase in intensity over time. It’s a really good workout companion when you prefer working out in the comfort of your own home.
- 7 Minute Workout by mphan. If you’d like to try your hand at high-impact training (HIT) exercises, then this aptly titled fitness app is one you may want to try. It utilizes 12 exercises that you can do at home and require only a chair and a wall. The best part is the audio prompts, which lets you focus on the workout instead of constantly pausing to check and update your device.
Chinavasion is a Hong Kong-based gadget wholesaler sourcing its products straight from Shenzhen, the manufacturing heart of China. Retailers and consumers alike will be able to avail of a wide array of high-tech gizmos, such as smartphones and smart wearables that are compatible with numerous fitness apps.